TrafficViewer Pro is FREE software used to retrieve data, configure, and print reports. It is used with the following counters:
For those interested in testing out the latest features before they are officially released, you can check out the TrafficViewer Pro Beta site.
Released: March 30, 2015
The requirements for our software are very minimal. If you have a Windows system from the last decade or so you should be able to install our software.
Operating System: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Processor: Pentium or better
Memory: 32MB RAM (minimum, speed of processing large studies is greatly improved by plenty of RAM)
Hard Disk Space: 10MB Free
- Easy to use. We try to keep the software clean and simple, keeping the more advanced stuff out of sight.
- The software is free! Feel free to download it and look over the sample files to get an idea of what it's like before you even purchase a counter.
- Save and open the raw time-stamp data files (.tvp files) for use in TrafficViewer Pro.
- Download and process collected data.
- Quickly download and process the raw-timestamp data from your units.
- Fully configure the hose setup and study setup after data is collected and downloaded.
- You tell the software how the counter was used and it will handle the rest.
- Data can be processed from simple dividing of hose hits by a value of your choosing (by default divide by 2) to fully classifying vehicles based on axle spacings.
- Since the software does all the processing and settings are not stored in the counter you have ultimate flexibility to handle setup mistakes or to change what type of data you'd like to get from the counter.
- View a simple data summary screen so you can quickly tell if there may be a problem with your hose setup.
- Quality meters are also on the summary screen that can be used as a general guide for classification/speed setups to help indicate if there may be a problem.
- Print reports.
- Print out daily reports of the data that was collected
- Reports are binned into an interval you specify from 1-minute to 60-minutes.
- You can generate reports on vehicle volumes, vehicle speeds, and vehicle classifications.
- Export data.
- To allow for the most flexibility and easy import into other systems we have a variety of exports available.
- You can exports as bins of volume data, speed data, or vehicle classification data, or you can exports a full vehicle timestamp list or each and every hose hit and it's timestamp.
- The software has CSV exports so you can easily open the data in a spreadsheet or database if you'd like to do something more than our software allows or to bring it in to your own system.
- Several other custom export formats and variations are availble include several PRN formats.
- Configure your units.
- Set your own unique identifier (Unit ID) in a unit to be displayed on reports and exports.
- A simple way to set passwords in units if you are concerned about security (to restrict access to the counter to only computers or users with the password).
- Change the internal unit dwell times to meet bid requirements that need a dwell time below our recommended minimum of 30ms. (For longer dwells just use the software dwells)
- Our counters do not store any hose layout settings, that is all done in the software afterwards. So no mistakes on collecting data in a way the counter doesn't understand!
- Verify hose setup in the field.
- You can use the simple Live Data View screen to make sure channels are seeing hose hits after you set up the counter.
- Keep everything up-to-date.
- The software is easily upgradable via the Internet automatically or by clicking on "Check for updates".
- Or, if you prefer to keep the upgrades disabled you can always find the latest on our website.
- The software will prompt to upgrade a unit's firmware if a new firmware version is available when you connect to your units.
- Lots of customization!
- You can customize a lot of processing features yet we keep most of these advanced features out of the way so you aren't bothered with details unless you need it.
- The software has fully customizable Classification Scheme rules. Create your own schemes, or modify ours. And these are just flat-table based rules, you won't find another counter software with this level of flexibility.
- Customize your speed bins. You can the speed ranges and number of speed bins that are generated on the reports/exports.
- Change how our software "quality meters" are displayed or disable them entirely. As a way to indicate there may be trouble we have various quality meters related to the data. You can change the percentages on these to some sort of ranges that you'd like to see. By default these are fairly strict.
Changes in the latest release are listed below, you may view a complete list of all versions and changes if you want to review other versions.
|Changes in version 184.108.40.206|
|New||Added a new Weekly Volume Report.|
|New||Significantly improved multi-directional classification processing in most cases.|
|New||New firmware is available for 4-channel counters. Firmware version 2.33. It is a recommended update. If the firmware gets installed on your computer you should be prompted up update your counters when they are plugged in. If not, you can download our firmware installer from our website.|
|New||New firmware is available for 2-channel counters. Firmware version 2.30. It is a recommended update, especially if your counters are below 2.25. If the firmware gets installed on your computer you should be prompted up update your counters when they are plugged in. If not, you can download our firmware installer from our website.|
|New||Added directional volume processing of count-only data. So with two tubes stretched across a multi-lane road (or parking lot entrance, etc.) if the tubes are close together (recommended under 1 foot) volume only counts can be determined based on the order in which the tubes are hit. A new checkbox "Directional Volume" is now on the "Data Settings"/hose layout screen, it is only enabled when "Unknown Hose Spacing" is checked and two hoses are across one or more lanes.|
|New||Added command-line parameters to allow downloading data from a counter, choosing a hose setup, and saving and exporting the data, etc. all without using the user-interface. So data can be retrieved froma counter from within a batch file for automated processing. Using command-line arguments requires units with firmware version 2.25 or higher to work.|
|New||Added some options to run an external program after exporting data. The options for this are in "Preferences" on the "Reports & Exports" tab.|
|New||Added an option to set the default road layout for 2-channel and 4-channel counters in Preferences. So if you frequently use the same tube layout you can now go into Preferences, and on the "Proccessing Defaults" tab under "Layout Defaults" there are two buttons "2-Channel Layout" and "4-Channel Layout" where you can choose your default layouts.|
|New||Added options for calculating the ADT and some help text on the report range selection screen for Weekly Volume reports. The default when not specifying an exact date/time range is not to show an ADT, and when specifying a start/stop range the default is to calculate it based on "Total Volume / # of Hours x 24".|
|New||Added multi-lane classification with 4-channel counter as a short-short/long-long hose setup.|
|New||Added "Graphical Timestamp View" back into the software. This can be helpful for troubleshooting classes and processing. It is accessed by selecting "View|Advanced|Graphical Timestamp View" from the menu at the top of the window while having a file open. The list of all timestamps is also available under "View|Advanced|Show Timestamp List".|
|New||The day of week is now shown on reports along with the date.|
|New||Added a report option to show the "comments" field on reports.|
|New||Added a report option to hide file path information on reports.|
|New||Added a new export type, "Geocounts" export. Currently only the axle count export is enabled, future support for vehicle or class exports may be added.|
|New||There have been some moderate improvements in overall classification processing, probably more noticable in heavier traffic and at slower speeds.|
|New||Added help text to several of the options at the bottom of the "Data Settings" screen, help is shown when the mouse is over the field.|
|New||Added CountBuddy II firmware upgrade support.|
|Fix||The built-in updater should now show VehicleCounts.com as the publisher instead of showing as unknown publisher when prompting for access to perform the update.|
|Fix||Fixed a bug that could cause data to be skewed in reports or exports in very specific circumstances -- it was more apt to occur, and be noticeable, in very light traffic. (If the selected report/export start time was on the same minute as a hose hit, the following data would be off by the number of minutes that there were no hose hits at all).|
|Fix||Fixed a bug when the unit time's out or is otherwise disconnected after a download while sitting at the data settings (hose layout) screen. If the unit is disconnected before using the "Layout Selection" screen, then there were no layouts to choose from, it was blank. Now a unit can be disconnected and there will still be the normal layout options when clicking on "Select Layout".|
|Fix||Fixed a display problem when a system was set to use a higher DPI for it's monitor (higher than 96DPI). Some controls would have their text cut-off and most notably the speed and classification grids ont he data overview screen would show only partial lines (i.e. the top half of the text) for each row in the grid. DPI scaling is no longer attempted so no text will be cut off due to a higher DPI setting.|
|Fix||Fixed a bug with the hose setup description displayed on the data overview screen. Single hose setups would show a hose spacing, they no longer do.|
|Fix||Fixed a bug that would occasionally allow a cluster to have 1 axle. While this typically wouldn't affect much, it could cause problems with "Always classify as..." and "Divide unclassified axles by" settings if used in a scheme's "Unclassified Handling" rules.|
|Fix||Moved buttons on "Data Overview" panel to the righthand side instead of at the bottom. This way, devices with low resolution screens can still click on the buttons. (On top of that there always has been the option to use the "File" menu in the upper-left of the screen for all of these tasks.)|
|Fix||Fixed a problem when trying to "Export Scheme to CSV" in the scheme editor for a scheme that was created or modified. Now schemes can be exported (the only purpose of this is just to look at a table of spacings). Please note that some scheme types that don't test number of axles and axle spacings will not export (schemes that only use total spacing for example).|
|Fix||Other minor appearance-related changes.|
The table below lists all available downloads for this software. It is recommended to always download the latest version (the file at the top). The older versions are only provided here in case you need to stick to a specific version for some reason.
|TrafficViewer Pro||220.127.116.11||March 30, 2015||3713KB||Download|
|TrafficViewer Pro||18.104.22.168||February 11, 2014||3394KB||Download|
|TrafficViewer Pro||22.214.171.124||January 18, 2014||3385KB||Download|
|TrafficViewer Pro||126.96.36.199||July 12, 2013||3338KB||Download|
|TrafficViewer Pro||188.8.131.52||November 29, 2012||3205KB||Download|
|TrafficViewer Pro||184.108.40.206||November 6, 2012||3199KB||Download|
|TrafficViewer Pro||220.127.116.11||September 12, 2011||3081KB||Download|
|TrafficViewer Pro||18.104.22.168||December 2, 2010||3065KB||Download|
|TrafficViewer Pro||22.214.171.124||July 22, 2010||2945KB||Download|
|TrafficViewer Pro||126.96.36.199||July 18, 2010||2936KB||Download|
|TrafficViewer Pro||188.8.131.52||April 9, 2010||2924KB||Download|
|TrafficViewer Pro||184.108.40.206||February 5, 2010||2894KB||Download|
|TrafficViewer Pro||220.127.116.11||January 27, 2010||2894KB||Download|